Monday, July 11, 2016

The Post With All the Culture...

When I picked up the boys, we decided to meet at Robert E. Lee's family home, Stratford Hall. We pass it with every trip to and from Namma's and I've been looking for an excuse to pop in. We met for lunch in the small restaurant on property and then toured the home. The boys liked attempting to build a tobacco barrel and loved the fact that "way back then" people only fully bathed twice a year. That sounded about right to them.







Once back in town we met up with Tanis and Clara for my favorite program at the National Gallery, Stories in Art. Or so we thought. I had to pull out my favorite phrase... "You know how I tell you that mommies can make mistakes too?" Well I got the timing wrong but we did a speedy tour of the impressionists and then hit the gift shop. All in all it was a fun afternoon even if they missed the story and craft. 

















Lastly we FINALLY got to see Tia and Baby Marin after way way way too long. None of us could believe how much she'd grown and the boys agreed, despite their disbelief of it being possible, "The Queen of Cuteness"  had in fact gotten cuter! 

















Cheers, 
Mamma Toad


No comments:

Post a Comment